[Zope] Re: VirtualHostMonster

Dag Nygren dag@newtech.fi
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:53:02 +0300

> Dag Nygren wrote:
> > Thanks for the long and thorough explanation. It seems to work now
> > after I "resorted" to rewrite rules. For some reason I tried to avoid those
> > and get by with only ProxyPass rules, but it seems like that is not possible.
>
> If your setup is relatively simple, you should be able to use ProxyPass.
>   For example, the following:
>
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/subfoo/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [P,L]
>
> ...could be replaced with:
>
> ProxyPass /
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/subfoo/VirtualHostRoot

That is what I had, with the slight diff. that I needed a proxy rule that
didn't start
from root on my Apache ie:

ProxyPass /mysub http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/subf
oo/VirtualHostRoot

And this didn't work but for the first page, as all the references in Zope
were relative to /.
Never could figure out how to change that....

Thanks for the advice anyway, lot's of friendly and knowledgeable people here.

Dag