[Zope] Strange notsupported error

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:53:21 -0400

This will happen when a particular dtml method or python script fails for
one reason or another after issuing a successful SQL call.  In MySQL, for
example, the default table types do not support transactions.  The Zope Rdb
machinery apparently issues a rollback to the database when a script throws
an exception that is not handled.

My guess is that if you put try / except blocks around portions of your code
that follow the SQL call, you will find your culprit.  If you are using
MySQL, try using InnoDB tables which support transactions.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Kyrre
Myrbostad
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 12:40 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Strange notsupported error

I suddenly started getting this error on my zope-pages, and I can no longer
access the manage-pages (the same error just pops up):

Zope Error

Error Type: NotSupportedError
Error Value: (1196, "Warning: Some non- transactional changed tables
couldn't be rolled back")

Anyone recognize this? I'd greatly appreciate any help here!

regards,
Kyrre Myrbostad
webmaster Student-TV Trondheim, Norway
kyrrem@stud.ntnu.no