[Zope] Unix: Vanishing Group Ids associated with Zope process ?

Holger Blasum holger@blasum.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:48:43 +0200

Hello *,

I observed that under Debian woody, Zope 2.5.1 runs under the
user id 'www-data'.

The python OS command os.getgroups() gives me an empty list when called
from an external method, although I had configured the user 'www-data'
to be the member of several groups.

If, on the other hand, I run python with my user id from the command
line as a normal user, the command os.getgroups () gives me all the
groups am a member of (that's what I expected).

Please enlighten.

(Why I need this: I need appropriate group rights for some 'posix.system'
calls from an external method for an interim fix kludge...)

(Just to avoid confusion beforehand: I am *not* talking about process
groups but about the groups the user running zope is in.)

--
Holger Blasum