[Zope] Zope/Interbase and Backup Functions

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:10:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,
Just a quick "how do I do that?" type question. I am
using the kinterbasdb Zope Database Adapter to access
my Interbase Server through a web interface. I would
like to build some DB backup functionality into the
interface. It seems you need to use the Interbase
'gbak' executable or the InterBase Services API
functions to perform backups.

I imagine that I could write something in C++ that
uses the Services API and put a SWIG wrapper around
it. Then, call the wrapper with a Zope External Method
(python). This would be a bit of work for me though,
because I have never used SWIG.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to add this
functionality to my program? Perhaps a simpler method?
Help me mighty guru's!
Thanks,
Derek Basch