[Zope] xml-rpc TypeError "too many arguments"

Mark Roach mrroach@okmaybe.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:05:27 -0500

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

Hello, all. I have been having continued quirks with xml-rpc. First here
is a little bit of backgroud about what I am trying to accomplish. My
apologies for the length of this post.

In some circumstances, rather than an html-generating content server I
would like to use zope as a method of easily publishing some existing
python funcitons via xml-rpc. For instance, I have some windows system
administration functions that I would like to make callable from my
linux based web server in a secure fashion. Zope seems to me to be
designed to do just this sort of thing, right?

That may all be useless info, but I just wanted to include it in case my
problem was more a case of using zope outside it's intended purpose.

So here's my actual question :)

A couple of functions that I want to publish are user creation and
deletion functions, named (creatively) AddUser and DeleteUser. These
functions are external methods which work with COM objects among other
things.

The problem is that half the time when I call these methods I get an
error=20
    Error Type: TypeError
    Error Value: too many arguments

Opening the ZMI and performing a "save changes" on the external method
makes the exact same call work just fine. I'm not sure where to even
begin looking which is what prompted the long "am I doing something
fundamentally wrong" part of this message. Any help is greatly
appreciated. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I don't know where
to begin.

Thanks,

Mark Roach

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X