[Zope] IE and HTML pdf's generated on the fly

De ZORZI Frederic fredz@pimentech.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:28:28 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote:
> Jerome Alet <alet@librelogiciel.com> responded:
>
>>On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 03:15:50PM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:

>>did you try my suggestion to replace "inline" with "attachment" ?
>>
>>why can't you call your method like "something.pdf" , that's just
>>a name after all ?
>>

> changing "inline" to "attachment" has no effect on the IE behavior.
> Removing the Content-Disposition header has no effect.  I've not tried
> removing the Content-Type and everything else--but it's on the short
> list :-)
>
> Zope does does not support python external methods with the extension

Wrong.
I've done pdf generation on the fly with an external method :

Headers :
	REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Length',len(pdfoutput))
	REQUEST.RESPONSE.appendHeader('Content-Type','application/pdf')
External method :
choose an id with .pdf extension ; that's the only real method for that
buggy Internet Exploder.

Of course, this also works with Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Konqueror ...