[Zope] Generating lists of dicionaries from properties

Andreas Brinner abrinner@gmx.de
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:44:52 +0200

>> so that a python script can
>
> So put your dictionary in that Python Script, or make a second Python
> Script the dictionary.

I found a practical way to solve the problem. But while writing this an
other question occured.

First what I'm doing now:
I have this external script (e_crea), that creates the files and therefor
need the dictionary. A user using my product should be able to influence
this creation by changing the dictionary.

My first idea was this property string, but I would need eval...
Now I'm calling a internal Python Script (i_prop) from my external script.
This internal script returns the dicrionary. So a user can create a python
script and so influence the files that are created.

In the external script I have this line:
   prop = self['i_prop']()

Now my question is: is this a security risk, calling a internal Python
Script this way? Cause normally the set of basic funktions are restricted.
Are they now restricted too, or do I have to use a special calling method?

Thanks,

  Andreas