[Zope] CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:32:22 -0700

> Resume: If there is no solid way to export robust CSV which Excel is
> able to cope with I have to come back to my first question:  How to
> use Perl in Zope.  (And yes, I know Excel sucks - but this does not help.)

Well, you can always launch the perl as an external process. But if it's
just generating CSV and acting as a CGI script, it should be easy to
replicate that behavior from a Python script object. If the script is small
post it or mail it to me. I'd be interested in seeing if it has some secret
CSV knowledge that makes the data format work better.

FWIW, are you sure your Perl script behaves better than the Python script
you already have?