[Zope] extreme newbie questions

jbfink@library.ucsf.edu jbfink@library.ucsf.edu
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:25:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Charlie Reiman wrote:

> I think it or something else is running at that port. What happens when you
> do this:
>
> telnet machine 2323
> GET / HTTP/1.0
>

> You need two returns after the HTTP/1.0. You should get back the full
> response including headers so we have something to go on. Also, you should
> check the console you started zope from to see if there are any messages.
>
> Oh yeah: Also tell us what OS the server is on, what version of zope, what
> version of python, and anything else you think might be relevant.

Okay.  Here's what I can give you:

jbfink@holmes:~$ telnet donald.ckm.ucsf.edu 8080
Trying 128.218.33.150...
Connected to donald.ckm.ucsf.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

<HTML>
<TITLE> Not Found </TITLE>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
<FONT FACE="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva" SIZE=-1>
<H2> Not Found </H2>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Python version 2.1.3 and Zope version 2.5.1 (with CMF-1.3 installed) on
Solaris 9.

Hope that helps and thanks very much everyone,

jf