[Zope] extreme newbie questions

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:20:11 -0700

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:13:22PM -0700, john.fink@library.ucsf.edu wrote:
> Yes and yes, as far as I can tell.  If Zope weren't running or if he/I
> were hitting the wrong IP or port, we wouldn't get *any* message other
> than a connection refused.

hmm, right.

>  Zope's listening, but there's no *there*
> there.

OK then, I don't believe you that you don't get more of an error
message. :)

Can you get to the management interface?
http://mymachine:myport/manage

If so, look for an item called index_html.
If it wasn't there, you would get "Not found", but it would say
more than that - notably, there would be a hint to look at the source
for the error page (if you're not running in debug mode),
which would include a python traceback in an HTML comment.

You would also get this if index_html was calling something
else that's missing. e.g. standard_html_footer, etc.

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"