[Zope] Re: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Julian Melville jmelville@selectaustralasia.com.au
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:08:55 +1000

I did a quick test here (Excel 2k) - when I named the file .xls I ran into
the problem of Excel trying to access the document via WebDAV instead of
plain HTTP (Office 2k probes for a WebDAV port when trying to open files
over HTTP). You may be running into this?

When I named the file .csv and set the mime-type to
text/comma-separated-values it worked fine - I was prompted to open or save
the file, but it opened in Excel and split the fields. It didn't matter
whether the fields were quoted, but I didn't have a very complicated data
set.

Julian.