[Zope] Zope and Lotus Notes questions

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:08:16 +0200

Hi,

I've been looking for information regarding Lotus Notes and Zope. I've found
too little in the zope web site (one testimonial saying that Notes sucks but
no explanation and the Beehive conversion from Notes to Zope, but no
details).

I tried searching on Yahoo groups simply by looking by Lotus but, weird, I
get several messages but they don't contain the lotus word!!

I'm not familiar with neither (I've seen a demo on Notes Designer and I've
done the zope tutorial) and probably I'll have to go to Lotus Notes for
policy reasons, unless I find examples of what can I do with Zope but not
with Lotus Notes/Domino.

I'm also looking for the possibility to connect to Lotus Notes databases
(import/export).

Finally, Lotus Designer provides a Visual development environment. From what
I've read, Zope seems to be at disadvantage here, ie, to create a database
oriented application I've to code DTML/ZPT by hand. I understand I can use
an HTML designer and then hand-code the ZPT part. Something better than
this, or have I overlooked something. Anything RAD-like for zope?

Thanks,

Fernando Martins