[Zope] RE: CSV (Was: Perl scripts)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:39:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Charlie Reiman wrote:

> Woof. Wow. I had a look at this perl package and it is impressive. In
Yes.  It is. :)
I definitely use a small subset of its power. But even the simple script
I wrote to export some data from a database and build Excel-Output caused
much less trouble than CSV.  (While I know that XLS is no standard at all
I was perfectly able to work with the XLS in Excel *and* Gnumeric - I did
not found a CSV-From which fits this criterium yet.)

> The good news is it doesn't appear to use any COM stuff or external C
> packages so it should be pretty easy to port the core data file stuff. It's
> also good code with clean layout and comments so it's easy to figure out
> what is going on. Unfortunately, I don't have time and it isn't a priority
> for my employer right now.
So back to the original topic:  Is there any example how to use an
external Perl script and shipping some parameters to it?  I just found
the statement that it is possible.  I wonder if anybody tried ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.