[Zope] Issue 219 - Logout not working (IE problem?)

Micheál Healy michael.healy@engitech.ie
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:49:41 +0100

Thanks - worked a treat!!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
To: "Micheál Healy" <michael.healy@engitech.ie>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Issue 219 - Logout not working (IE problem?)

> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:58:57 +0100
> Micheál Healy <michael.healy@engitech.ie> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having some problems when I try to log out of an application I h=
ave
built using Zope.  I have used a Cookie Crumbler and am logging in to the
application using a modified version of the login_form created.  The problem
is when I try to go to the logout page:
http://locahost:8080/manage_zmi_logout.

> manage_zmi_logout uses HTTP basic auth, which has no notion of "log out=
".
CookieCrumbler uses cookies for authentication, to log out just expire the
cookies.

> something like this python snippit:
>
> context.RESPONSE.expireCookie('__ac', path='/')
>
> Add one of these lines for each cookie name specified in CookieCrumbler.
Then return a "logged out" page. The CMF includes an example of this.