[Zope] Training My Users

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nvcc.edu
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:55:39 -0400

We use the term 'bussed' as in: "I had better document this in case I get
bussed" -- run over by a bus. Seems appropriate sometimes...

I posted this to the list a while back but since then a new version has come
out. I use a tool to create Viewlets...step-by-step screen captures with
call-outs and text balloons to fully show software procedures. The old
version used Java and its own structure for the presentation. Worked great
on Windows boxes but was flaky on other platforms. The new version generates
pure Flash .swf files. Just upload them into Zope and link them in and away
you go! Very nice accompaniment to printed docs or manuals. And, you can
even print out the slides in a "Powerpointy" way. Very handy.

The free version is fully functional with a watermark of the company's logo
on it. And the Viewlets created with the free version can be compiled with
the licensed version with no change. Half price for educational
institutions.

Worth a look. I'd love to see several Zope product how-tos done with
Viewlets.
http://www.Qarbon.com  (pronounced "Carbon", I think)

Have fun!

-Allen