[Zope] ExternalEditor and inconsistent line-endings

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:42:29 +0200

Hi Casey

I noticed that ExternalEditor's use of line-endings sometimes becomes
inconsistent ..

When opening a new CMF Document, which I edited via Mozilla, Vim tells
me [noeol][dos]: the last line lacks an EOL, and the file is in dos
format (lines end <cr><nl>).

When opening the 'index_html' CMF Document, which I also edited via
Mozilla, the fileformat is unix (lines end <nl>), but only the
ExternalEditor header section (i.e. up to the line after the SafetyBelt)
shows extra <cr> characters at the ends of lines.

I guess this has to do with the format of the text in the form field
which is being edited: it looks like ExternalEditor assumes that to be
Dos format.

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za