[Zope] Store a image or file(mp3,mpeg) in PostgreSQL

Terry terry@taipeitimes.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:25:26 +0800

Benoît Rouits wrote:

> Hello,
> maybe this ?
> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?datatype-binary.html
> I really don't know if it is the good type.. However, if you can have
> a look to mysql, i think it has a BLOB type..
> http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Reference.html#BLOB
>

> Never used it though..

Anyway, tanks a lot.

> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>
>> Hi Terry,
>>
>> you could either encode the object data base64 or similar
>> or use type byteea (see large objects in postgres).
>>
>> What do you think you win with saving images in postgres?

Actually, I base a new project on the "MIR"( a news publishing system, a
CMS, java implemwnt, backend use PostgreSQL),
I try to rewrite the adiministration tool set, and others. Because it's
more copmfortable with Zope for this kind of application.

Thanks

>> Maybe you can go a little bit further and change the oracle
>> storage (ZODB storage) to use postgres.
>>
>> Regards
>> Tino
>>
>> --On Montag, 21. Oktober 2002 16:26 +0800 Terry
>> <terry@taipeitimes.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Does anyone has a example to "Store a image or file(mp3,mpeg) in
>>> PostgreSQL". I had tried to search on Google and maillist but no
>>> information are really useful or  show any idea.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any reply or hints
>>>
>>> Terry

Terry