[Zope] question about local roles

Alexis Roda arv@si.urv.es
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:20:45 +0200

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> Check the permissions on everything a_method calls.  That's probably your
> problem.
>
> To do a quick test if this is true, give a_method a Manager Proxy Role.  If
> that solves your problem, you know that you hadn't set permissions
> correctly for some called object.  If that doesn't solve your problem, you
> haven't set the permissions for a_method correctly.

I forgot to mention a detail, a_method is not in a_folder folder. It is
acquired the same way the hippo gets vaccinated in the zope zoo.

I have tested with the following simplified structure:

+- zope root (default permissions)
    +- acl_users (here is where user1 is defined, no roles)
    +- local_role_test (default permissions)
          +- bin (*)
                +- a_method (**)
          +- a_folder (here user1 has some_role)

(*) manager, owner and some_role have permissions "access contents
information" and "view". Those permissions are not acquired from parent.
The rest of permissions have default values.

as user1 I get an unauthorized messages when I access
/local_role_text/bin/a_folder/a_method

Giving user1 some_role in a_method instead of a_folder is not a good
solution. On the real problem I'll have user1, user2 ... and folders
a_folder1, a_folder2 ... userN should be able to access a_folderN only.

TIA
Regards
--
                                  ////