[Zope] can't ftp to Zope

Tim Wilson wilson@visi.com
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:25:50 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem getting Dreamweaver (and any other ftp or WebDAV
client for that matter) to work with Zope. I know this has been covered
before ad nauseum, but none of the solutions seem to fit what I've done.
I posted briefly on this topic recently, but I've been messing with it
some more and I hope I can provide a little more information.

I can connect to Zope via ftp with no trouble. The problem is that I can't
put any HTML-formatted files. I can transfer images with no trouble,
even an MS Word file worked OK. When I try to transfer files with HTML
formatting (with or without an .html extension) I apparently don't have
write permission on the remote server. WebDAV puts fail similarly with a
500 internal server error.  The system is running Zope 2.5.1 and python
2.1.3 (Debian).

Can someone offer a clue about how to proceed here?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com