[Zope] sessions and zope2.6.0 [update]

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
23 Oct 2002 01:02:16 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 00:36, Bakhtiar A Hamid wrote:
> update:
> after doing all these, i now get the behaviour that zope2.5.1 gave; i.e i
> still get the key error, but now that key error does not steal my zmi from
> me.
>
> i can now go into temp_folder/session-data and reset the bugger :P
>
> back to square one?

Just to be sure (to be pedantic ;-) temp_folder is a TemporaryFolder,
right?  I just want to make sure you're not storing these things
persistently in a FileStorage or some other persistent storage.  "Old"
BTree instances will have been effected by the bug which means in order
to start at a sane place, you'd need to clear them out by resetting the
session_data object via the ZMI, but if they are in a temporary storage,
they go away after a restart anyway.

If you have the time and you want to debug this further, please make
sure you're setting EVENT_LOG_FILE (or STUPID_LOG_FILE) to a file on a
partition with lot of space and set two additional environment variables
in the shell which you use to start Zope (or on the z2.py command line):

EVENT_LOG_SEVERITY=-100
Z_TOC_DEBUG=1

... then start the site.  When the site runs, an utterly insane amount
of data will be sent to the event log file.  When you notice an
occurence of the error again, please send me the last 2000 lines or so
of the file via email.

Thanks!

- C