[Zope] Re: [Zope-DB] Importing -> Disk full

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:17:02 -0700

> that was my first idea, too. But taking a look into '/tmp' during the
> import process, there are NO files that were created? I could not find
> any!

Temporary files are frequently unlinked after being opened to ensure
the space they consume will be released when the file handle is closed
(this avoids race conditions as well).  Use lsof(8) or fuser(1) or
'ls -l /proc/<pid>/fd' to identify if zope is keeping files open in /tmp
during the import.  Or just read the source.  Assuming that is the
problem, your system partitions aren't set up to meet your needs,
you need to re-partition.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing