[Zope] Zope on a Windows 2K cluster behind IIS

Michele Ruberl mik@alambitco.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:18:38 +0200

Hi!

I'm trying to retrieve some info in order to perform a "sui generis"
Zope installation for a (very obstinate) customer.

1) install Zope on a Windows 2K cluster
2) access it via IIS

1) I've found the Karin's post on the ZDP here
http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zbook/book/II/ZopeLayers/ZopeServer/Comments/952526086
and it seems quite complete. Does anybody have some experience in doing
the same kind of installation on Win2K or some other feedback on a
similar experience?

2) I've found two approachs:
   a) using PCGI as described here
http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zbook/book/VII/IntegraWebServers/IntegraWindows/ZopeIISIntegraPCGI/Drafts/954785904
   b) using something similar to Apache's mod_proxy directives (aaah, if
I could use Apache.....;-) but you need to purchase ISA Server and the
customer isn't willing to do so.
   c) another approach is the one explained here
http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/ASP404 , but I find it a bit too tricky...
Are these approachs (especially a) compatible with a WIn2K cluster Zope
installation as described in 1) ?

I'm not experienced in Win administration and I would appreciate any
feedback/help/pointer to other doc over this matter. I could also make a
fine job and publish a nice HOW-TO after having survived this foolish
installation... ;-)

Thanks!

Mik