[Zope] Problems with restarts, memory usage, DB connections, FastCGI ?? Help!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:12:06 +0200

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca writes:
 > I have a Zope 2.5.0 (With various products) , running on a custom (But
 > default build) Python 2.1.3 on a RedHat 7.3 ... The machine has a 1GB Ram. I
 > use Apache+FastCGI+Squid.
 >
 > The symptoms of the problem are as such:
 >
 > Every once in a while, zope stops responding for a few minutes ... Sometimes
 > it comes back on it's own, sometimes it takes too long and I restart it
 > manually.
We have seen similar behaviour (Zope 2.5.1, Solaris 2.5, Apache+FastCGI)
as long as we used FastCGI.

We switched from FastCGI to "mod_rewrite" with "[P]" rewrite rules
and the problem disappeared.

Dieter