[Zope] Zope Database Cache

Bert Vanderbauwhede Bert.Vanderbauwhede@rug.ac.be
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:06:27 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I have some questions about the Zope database cache. You can change the
settings for this cache on the "Cache Parameters"-tab in the database
management screen (/Control_Panel/Database).

1. The default target size is 400 objects. But the total number of objects
in the combined caches is much larger. How does the target size influence
the total number of objects in the cache? How should this setting be used?

2. "Total number of objects in all caches". I don't use any
RamCacheManager. Does this mean that there is more than one database
cache?

Bert Vanderbauwhede...
---
"Postmodernism is like a three year old throwing his blocks
 around the room because he got frustrated with his failed
 attempts to stack them higher."