[Zope] Zope Database Cache

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:49:37 +0100

On Friday 25 October 2002 3:53 pm, Bert Vanderbauwhede wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > So the total for all caches is just the number of object in each
> > connection cache. This means that in theory, with a target size
> > of 400, the system will try hard to make sure that no more than
> > 1600 (persistent) objects are sitting around in memory (400 x 4
> > ZODB connections).
>
> OK, that explains it. I think that the 'in theory' part is important: I
> still got a lot more objects cached than 400 * 80 (my current #threads)=
=2E

Youve got 80 threads? thats crazy, unless:
* you are running on a 40 cpu smp system
* you have need to perform some off-box request (oracle query, perhaps) o=
nto
  something with nearly that many cpus.

If you come from an apache background and your intuition tells you that y=
ou=20
need that many threads, then your intuition is wrong.