[Zope] Beginner Questions

Julian Hill JulianH@corp.connectiva.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:22:49 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I just recently discovered Zope and am enjoying it!  I'm having trouble
wrapping my mind around a few ideas though and was hoping for some pointers.

I want to implement a corporate site in Zope.  I would like to have a
consistent look and feel.  Ideally, I'd like people in the company to be
able to write up content in html, upload and have templates automatically
applied in Zope for the look and feel part.  I know CMF does this but it
looks like overkill for my application.  I don't need that many users or
many of the portal features of CMF.  On the CMF list someone said that plain
Zope could handle basic content management and consistent look and feel but
I'm having trouble figuring out how.  The Zope book is a good guide to the
individual pieces but it doesnt' really tie everything together very well.
I don't want my users to have to insert a bunch of DTML into their content.

Is there a way to apply Page Templates automatically to content like the
skins in CMF?  Any pointers, urls or other info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Julian
julian.hill@connectiva.net