[Zope] Re: Xron or cron + wget?

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:57:14 -0700 (PDT)

Ruslan,
I just spent time looking into Xron. After learning
that Xron had a GPL license I convinced the authors to
switch it to ZPL.  (Loren hasnt' changed the page to
correct this yet). The author of the original code
(Martijn Peters) suggested that I look at Event and
Scheduler in the CVS tree.

http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Event/
http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Scheduler/

These seem to be a more modern approach that uses the
the CMF and page templates instead of DTML. It
certainly isn't as user friendly as Xron (no
documentation, etc...) but I think I am starting to
grok it after a few days.
Regards,
Derek Basch