[Zope] problem creating "File Library with Page Templates"

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:45:37 -0500

I'm working my way through the beginning page templates chapter of the Zope
Book.  In the section entitled "Creating a File Library with Page Templates"
it says to:

    * create a folder named FileLib
    * create a page template in FileLib named index_html
    * save their mocked up HTML source to .../FileLib/index_html/source.html

The last step fails.  I'm using XEmacs 21.5b9.  Dired shows there is an
index_html object inside my FileLib folder:

    /skip@localhost#8021:/FileLib:
    d---------   1 Zope     Zope            0 Oct 25 23:27 ..
    -rw-rw----   1 skip     Zope          384 Oct 25 23:27 index_html

I can open the index_html object in my editor session.  However, I can't
save my source.html buffer to

    /skip@localhost#8021:/FileLib/index_html/source.html

as it instructs (rightly so, I think).  The ftp command buffer in XEmacs
ends with:

    ftp> quote mdtm /FileLib/index_html
    213 20021025232755
    ftp> quote cwd /FileLib/index_html/source.html/
    550 No such directory.
    ftp> quote cwd /FileLib/index_html/
    550 No such directory.
    ftp>

Frankly, I would have been rather surprised if it _had_ worked.

stumped-in-evanston-ly, y'rs,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/