[Zope] Re: [Exuserfolder-users] Webdav and cookie based authentication: exUserFolder compared to cookie crumbler

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:28:35 +1000

+-------[ Heimo Laukkanen ]----------------------
| Hi,
|
| I've been setting up my new development enviroment and have had some
| problems with exUserFolder - in cases where the service has used cookies
| based authentication. I've mounted my zope-service with davfs and
| accessed it well, but problems have risen when I have needed to write
| through webdav - since the authentication has not worked.
|
| However when I've used cookie crumbler to provide the cookie based
| authentication - everything has worked fine. Has anyone else seen and
| seen this to happen -- and is there something that should / could be done?

DAV doesn't work with cookie auth. Cookie Crumbler only works with
Basic Auth folders.

XUF used to try to fall back to Basic Auth if you had specified cookie
auth, but, I'm not sure if someone has changed the way that worked.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |