[Zope] why run apache in front of zope?

David Hart dhart@atlantisblue.com.au
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:32:29 +1100

On servers I administer, we do virtual hosting for many kinds of
websites on the same server: filesystem+CGI, filesystem+PHP4, and Zope.

Apache provides a convenient and standard way to do virtual hosting.
It's easy to front-end Zope sites with mod_proxy, plus I can enable gzip
compression on any kind of site with mod_gzip and enable SSL encryption
any kind of site with mod_ssl.

-dave