[Zope] Having trouble downloading/installing zope 2.6.0 for Win32

John K. Hohm jhohm@acm.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:03:48 -0600

Thus spake Thomas Wheeler <twheeler@asciences.com>:
> after the download, when I either click on 'Open' to start the .exe, or if I
> simply download and doubleclick on the .exe,
> there's a blue install screen & a tiny popup that says 'Corrupt installation
> detected'.
> Should I simply back off to the previous version?

That won't help.  The problem is that you are not running the installation
executable with sufficient permissions, i.e. Administrator.  As you should
typically not log in as an Administrator-equivalent, I suggest you
Shift+RightClick and use 'Run as...' to run the installer as an
Administrator-equivalent user.

> Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm happy to be giving instead of receiving, for once. :-)