[Zope] Programmatic creation/update of ZSQL methods

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:49:08 -0800

I've got about 60 or so ZSQL methods that I maintain in my Zope. Actually, I
don't maintain them: our Oracle expert changes them then I have to translate
them into DTML, split them into little chunks, and upload them into zope.

Since I'm terribly lazy I've automated the DTMLification and the splitting.
But the third step of uploading the ZSQL bodies is tricker. Currently I'm
uploading them via FTP but this requires that the methods already exist (due
to a lack of object type magic). I've also tried using xmlrpc but
manage_addZSQLMethod does not seem to live on Folder so I'm not sure how I
can call it.

So my question is: How can I create ZSQL methods from an external program (a
python script in this case)? I've got the body, the id, the destination, the
connection id, the parameters... everything but a clue.

I know about PUT_factory but I didn't have much luck with that either.