[Zope] proxy permission problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:17:05 +0200

AM writes:
 > Hopwever this specific script is can only be used by anonymous users.
Please be more careful, when you describe problems.

I expect, you want to say: "this script must be callable by anonymous users".
Right?

 > facilitate the use I went into the proxy tab of the script management
 > console and selected 'Authenticated' and saved the changes. However, it
 > still kicks me to the login page when I try to use the script.
One idea:

  Proxy roles are not inherited by called objects.
  Thus, unless your script with the proxy role directly calls
  "mhost.send", the role will not be effective.

If this is not your problem, then cancel the login dialog
and analyse the traceback in the resulting error page.

  This supposes you are using basic authetication.
  When you are not, do it for analysing your problem...

Dieter