[Zope] Image handling

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:16:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I have to present a colored map accord to some database values.
The values define a certain color for some reasons of the map.
(Example: Assume a map of the world and color each country according
to the density of people in this country.)

My idea was to use an XPM graphic which has a quite simple text
format and just define the color to display for each region.  This
reduces the task to draw a complicated shape to just loading a
template image and setting some integer values for the colors.

Anyway I wonder how to present this in Zope perhaps in a Zope
product.  I have to load the template from enywhere change the
colors in it and display it in a reasonable format (perhaps
using PIL to convert the resulting XMP to GIF to reduce bandwidth
usage).  I have no idea how to propagate the final image.

Any ideas

        Andreas.