[Zope] suppressing tracebacks

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
02 Sep 2002 17:57:44 -0400

This whole area is much improved on the Zope trunk (aka Zope 2.6).  I'd
suggest checking it out when you get a chance.  Instead of putting
tracebacks in HTML responses by default, it consolidates logging into an
"error log" object.  You can optionally tell the error log object to
write errors to the event log (stupid log) as well.

As far as Zope 2.5.1 goes... I'm honestly not sure how it's supposed to
work. If there was ever a clear and forthright description of the intent
of BOBO_DEBUG_MODE and HTTP_TRACEBACK_STYLE, it was lost long ago. ;-)

- C