[Zope] ZCatalog Error-> attribute/method must be string

Garikoitz Araolaza gari@eibar.org
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:51:23 +0200

Hi!

I cannot recatalog a ZCatalog (an Squishdot instance) unless I delete the
"path" pathIndex (wich I actually could do to solve this situation, but I'd
like a better solution...;-)  )

I get:

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: attribute/method must be string

And last lines in traceback:

File /home/csmant/zope/2.5.1/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py, line
480, in catalog_object
     (Object: News)
File /home/csmant/zope/2.5.1/lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/Catalog.py, line
367, in catalogObject
File
/home/csmant/zope/2.5.1/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/PathIndex/PathIndex.py,
line 118, in index_object
     (Object: path)

I'm having this bug since I switched from a Zope 2.5.0 (updated to 2.5.1)
to a new clean 2.5.1 installation.

The problem now comes with Squishdot's ZCatalog, but some days ago I had
the same problem in the same server with a non Squishdot ZCatalog.

Could CatalogAwareProperties patch be interfering?

Thanks for your help!!

Gari

Garikoitz Araolaza
gari@eibar.org