[Zope] zope.org site

george donnelly george@zettai.net
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:44:12 +0000

Yes I think CMF and/or Plone is the answer. News Items, discussion and
search are all built-in out of the box. With 1.3 Events are now part of the
package as well.

I'm currently working on an Intranet solution for a bunch of teachers using
a heavily-customized CMF (on the surface level; not hacking the source), the
success of which will depend on the ability of non-IT people to comprehend
and use the paradigm.

I'll let you know how it goes. ;p (but really I expect no problem)

Basically at this point, to learn CMF you just need to get into the
portal_skins and see how everything connects, as well as the other portal_*
tools. This is how I've gotten as far as I have.

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion