[Zope] property/selection/value

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar robbenhaar@espresto.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:46:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andreas,

 > Hi,
 > there is this option for a folder to add some properties with standard types, like boolean, date etc.
 > Is there a way for (multiple) selection not only to define the displayed text for each popup-entry,
 > but also the "value" for the generated option-tag or the "name" of the select-tag?

 Uh, I am sorry I do not understand what You mean. Do You want to add
several properties at once?

 > Where do these defined properties live within zope, and how can I access and manipulate them directly?

That is an easy one:

 Everything inheriting from OFS.PropertyManager.PropertyManager
does have methods to access the properties; Folders do so. e.g. You
could say

 context.getProperty("foo_bar","foo_bar_default")

More in the Online Help:  "Zope Help" -> "API Reference" -> "PropertyManager"

Cheers,
Clemens