[Zope] lists, not strings in database

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:39:55 -0400

[Greg Fischer]
[[
I need help with saving a select box value.  When multiple items are
selected in my form, and then inserted into a SQL server, it is saved as
a string that looks like a list.  I have tried to specify the data type
in name value, none of which change the stored value in the database.
]]

First you have to decide what should be stored in the database when the form
has multiple selections.  Then you have to decide how to insert that into
the database.  Then we can talk about how to make Zope do that, if it has
not become clear by then.

Cheers,
Tom P