[Zope] 2 problems - dtml-tree and python scripting

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:30:12 +0200

Sebastian Kors writes:
 > I have two problems:
 > When i click on subsubfolder1, the expanded tree collapses.
 >
 > How can i have the tree expanded when clicking on the last item?
Usually, it does not do this.

I do not know what disturbs it in a way that it collapses.

 > My second problem is this:
 > thumb_folder = abs_folder + "/thumbs"
 > context.folder.myexternalMethod(thumb_folder,"thumbs")
 > <--- here is the problem.
 > How can i call the external Method in
 > context.myVariable.myexternalMethod?
I have big difficulties to understand your problem.

  When "myVariable" contains a string and you want the object
  accessible from "context" under this name, you would use

	 getattr(context,myVariable)

  When "myVariable" contains a path and you want the object
  obtained by traversing from "context" along this path, you
  would use:

	context.restrictedTraverse(myVariable)

Dieter