[Zope] problems accessing the zope manage page via apache

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar zope@zope.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:37:02 +0200 (CEST)

Manuel Hendel writes:
 > I got apache and zope on one server, I started zope to just listen on
 > localhost. I defined some virtualhosts in the apache.conf, first I
 > tried it with ProxyPass and after that with RewriteRules, both don't
 > work. I can access the first screen, but if I try to access the manage
 > page using the link on the first page, I get the error message, that
 > the connection is refused on localhost:8080. On the first page, there
 > are is also logo on left site missing.

You forgot to tell Zope that it is accessed from somewhere behind apache;
thus Zope thinks it is accessed from localhost:8080, and starts all
absolute Url's with "http://localhost:8080"
 You should install a "SiteAccess" object for fixing this.
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess

 [snip apache config not beeing the problem]

I prefer:  http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver ;)

 > Can someone help? I also need to access this via ssl.

I guess You want https ?
So far I never tried that, but some other people did it with
VirtualHostMonster:

 http://www.infrae.com/products/silva/docs/SysAdmin/ApacheNotes

Cheers,
Clemens