[Zope] Re: OT: HTML

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:31:17 -0700

For me, HTML email is occasionally pretty handy. Yes, I dislike it but
sometimes I need to annotate text with colors or underlines or links. ASCII
just doesn't do that.

More importantly, zope@zope.org is an educational forum. It's open and free
to encourage newbies post and get their questions answered. Newbies are the
most likely people to post in HTML so tossing their postings will only
confuse and fluster them further.

That's enough of a devil's advocate position. I don't really have any
objection to stripping HTML. Removing all attachments might be a problem as
patches are occasionally posted as attachments.