[Zope] Site evolution and redirection strategies

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:27:18 +0200

| Odes=EDlatel: Howard Hansen <howardh@halfmagic.com>
| This morning I got a list from my boss of old URLs and their new names,
| which got me thinking....  What if there existed a centralized
redirection
| product that allowed me to enter lists of old and new URLs and have the
| redirection automagically happen?  Seems to me that this starts to get
into
| the realm of acquisition and other deep voodoo magic best left alone.

You could try some kind of symlinks if it is in the same Zope, so for
example (search them in Products at zope.org)
- PortableHole (very advanced symlink, you should select files or folders
or some files from folder)
- LinkedFolder (simple link to folder only)

Or if it is in an external place:
- HTTPMounter (it mounts any www server into your local Zope)

Regards JL.