[Zope] How to do a tabbed navigation interface with ZPT

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:50:18 -0700

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:39:34PM -0300, Alec Munro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this for a while now,
> but so far nothing has jumped out at me as being simple and effective.
> Basically, we want a tabbed navigation interface, so that whichever tab
> the click on, the resultant page has that tab selected. The tabs are
> held in a table, and a selected tab is different from a plain tab in the
> following ways:
> The text and background colour are different.
> The images on the left and right side of the text are different.
> The tabs are arranged like the following:
>
> |img|text|img|img|text|img|
>
> Where "|"'s delimit table cells.
> I'm wondering what everyone has in the way of solutions for this. I'm
> sure there are many people doing this, and I would like to hear about
> different solutions.

The Zope Management Interface does this (although not
the different images part; that would be pretty easy to
add to the <dtml-if> section that chooses the <td> background
color.)
.
Have a look in lib/python/App/dtml/manage_tabs.dtml.