[Zope] acl and squishdot

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:19:44 -0500

I experienced something like that when I wanted to use Squishdot content out
of its own context. To be more precise I wanted it to be inside a CMF site
and the postings needed to appear at its front page, and the problem was
that I had to explicitly grant "Add Postings" and "Query TinyTable Data"
permissions to the role I needed - Anonymous in my case - at the Security
settings tab of the very same Squishdot object.

Ausum

----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Edw. Learned" <learned@talentsinc.net>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:04 PM
Subject: [Zope] acl and squishdot

I added a squishdot at the following location /sites/foo where foo is
the folder with the squishdot. I have one user defined in the root
acl, named administrator and set to manager. I have no problem
accessing any folder other than foo, however if I try to view that
folder, it will not accept my password, and after three attempts
tells me that I am not allowed to access leftbox_items in this
context.

There is no acl_users in the foo folder, although I did briefly add
one, and then delete it. All security attributes are set to inherit.

Any ideas?