[Zope] Zope won't start

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 13:26:21 -0400

Which rpms are you using? which python version?

What happens if you cd to your $INSTANCE_HOME (probably /var/zope)
and start zope foreground?  eg if zserver.sh or equivalent has in it:

/usr/bin/env python2.1 z2.py            \
         -u      zope                    \
         -z      /usr/share/zope         \
         -Z      /var/run/zwatchdog.pid  \
         -w      8080                    \
         -f      8021                    \
         -m     ' '                       \
         -l      /var/log/zope           \
         >>      /var/log/zope 2>&1      \
         &

execute:

INSTANCE_HOME=/var/zope
export INSTANCE_HOME

python2.1 z2.py               \
-u zope                            \
-z /usr/share/zope             \
-Z /var/run/zwatchdog.pid   \
-w 8080                            \
-f 8021                              \
-l /var/log/zope

And look for errors in the output

Also, what does netstat -apn show? Is there anything already listening on
the above ports?

Adam