[Zope] Zope feature freeze project ??

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:43:59 -0400

>> However why not test what
>> you have with zope 2.5.1 and see if it all works? It is trivial to
>> upgrade
>> zope so I dont' really see a problem. Also if you work with python
>> products instead of zclasses and take the time to design them it
>> should
>> take a few minutes at most to resolve changed to a new version of
>> zope if
>> that.
>
> Well, my experience is that it is terribly difficult to have a stable
> product, it take time, and when you change the platform version
> (zope), my
> products will go back to prehistory from a point of view of
> stability...
> (new bugs, "strange things", etc...)

why is it difficult to have a stable product? if you write python
products and not zclasses there is no reason for a product to become
"unstable".

just as a data point, i have written python products for zope for years
now and i do not recall ever having to apply patches just to make
something compatible with a newer version of zope. i write patches or
even rewrite products to take advantage of new things in newer zope
releases. that's it.

jens