[Zope] PCGI and WebDAV?

Greg Fischer gfischer@techgroupinc.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:59:44 -0700

I did most searching with results on Google.  I didn't find anything in
the list archives.  After pages and pages of browsing on it, I found a
page noting that Apache wants to take over the WebDAV requests.  It also
stated that there is a workaround, but didn't state what or where it is.

I found the mod_cgi patch here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/mod_cgi_webdav_patch.html

I have been unable to apply the patch to the mod_cgi.c file.  I am not a
C++ programmer, but I am guessing it's because I have Apache 2.0.39 and
the patch was dated from 1999 on an older version of mod_cgi.  OR, maybe
because I am doing this all in Windows.=20

I read the Apache docs, searching for anything with directives
pertaining to the HTTP OPTIONS problem with mod_cgi as described in the
link above.  I didn't find any new options or patches.

Apache(on Win32) is doing NTLM authentication for me.  Zope(on Win32)is
setup in REMOTE_USER mode with the access file in the server root.  The
user accounts now have no passwords because of that.  I like the way it
works on my Intranet.  My users can open there browser and I know who
they are based on there windows logon.  (This works great since we all
have Win2000)  It appears that since Apache is doing the authentication,
then Zope has no way of knowing who I am if accessed directly, so I
can't just bypass Apache.

I will continue to search, and will include the Apache lists as well.
If you have any ideas to get WebDAV working through Apache or could
point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Greg