[Zope] I would like to add a password property to the acl_users list

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar zope@zope.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:52:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Paul,

 > Hello,
 >
 > I am building a site that allows users to be members of projects. Members
 > get extra access to the site. I also want the members to receive e-mail
 > notifications when certain things change on the site.
 >
 > It seems like a better idea to add the e-mail address to the acl list rather
 > than build a mirror list of users to deal with membership and e-mail
 > notification. Is there a way to do this?

 sounds like You are asking for another implementation of UserFolder.
Did You check http://www.zope.org/Products/user_management ?

 Some UserFolder like LDAPUserFolder have e-mail as integral part of
their users. (Of course You have to define Your users via LDAP to use
the latter.)

Cheers,
Clemens