[Zope] Accessing MS Exchange/Outlook through Zope

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:40:05 +0200

At 12:42 2002-09-11 -0400, McDonnell, Larry said:

>Hi,
>
>Our corporate standard is to use MS Outlook as our email system (please=
 keep
>the laughter down to a minimum). I was able to use the mailhost portion of
>Zope and can send email via our Internet provider. One of the project they
>are contemplating will require some type of emailing. They wish for the
>whole company to be on this through email. Is there a way to tie in our
>Exchange server so they can see everyone email address? Thanks.

Hi Larry,
(Outlook isn't a bad program, the usual security and open standard issues a=
=20
side.)

I would probably look into using COM for integration with Exchange.
I don't know much about Exchange, there might be other options,
but COM is the old traditional Microsoft way of reuse so it could
work out quite nicely.

There was some COM product on zope.org way back. It never go
release as a stable thing, but I think it does the job.

I'm not sure but there's been talk about threading issues while
using COM and Word. I'm not sure this is a PyCOM issue,
it would seem to me that it's more of a Word issue.
But anyway...

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

>Larry McDonnell